The Code for today's show is available at our: Github
Let's talk about Forms in HTML! HTML has two differeny ways to "submit" data that has been entered by a user into a form.
- "GET" and "POST" Today, we're going to talk about "GET"
- GET is the simpler of the two methods
- All it does is take whatever data the user entered into the form, and append it to the end of the "action" address
<FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="../cgi-bin/bunny.pl">
Name?: <INPUT NAME="BunnyName"><br>
- If we type "Roger" into the "Name?:" field, the URL that will be generated when we click "SUBMIT" is: "../cgi-bin/bunny.pl?BunnyName=Roger"
- Your browser will then request the server to run the script "bunny.pl" and pass it the string "BunnyName=Roger"