Jul 24th 2020
Hands-On Mac 19
Make Free iPhone Ringtones
Sick of paying for Ringtones? You can make any song a ringtone for free on your Mac! Here's how:
Open Apple Music, or iTunes on older Macs.
- Open Music -> Preferences click Files, click Import Settings and choose AAC Encoder, High-Quality 128k
- Select a track to use as the source.
- On the Get Info > Options tab set start and stop times to 40 seconds or less
- Use File > Convert > Create AAC version.
- Right-click on the new copy and click Show in Windows Explorer or Finder.
- Change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. (You may need to adjust folder options to see the extensions.)
- Now connect your phone and drag the m4r file to it.
Leo Laporte gives you helpful tips to get the most from your Mac every week on Hands-On Mac!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/hands-on-mac
Discuss episodes in the TWiT Community.