On this week's iOS Today with Leo Laporte and Mikah Sargent:
- Augmented reality: Smash Tanks, Giphy World, Sky Guide, IKEA Place, ARia, Target, Pokémon GO, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- News: Instagram's CEO gives a perplexing excuse for the absence of an Instagram iPad app, Apple updates investors on guidance due to COVID-19, HQ Trivia shuts down, developer claims iOS is adware, Kuo claims Apple AirTags will launch in Q3 of 2020 due to increased ultra-wideband chip production.
- Viewer Feedback: Intermittent habit tracking with Streaks, location tracking on iOS, and a topic suggestion for parental controls.
- Mikah's App Cap: Pocket City
- Leo's App Cap: Signal
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/ios-today.
You can contribute to iOS Today by leaving us a voicemail at 757-504-iPad (757-504-4723) or sending an email to iOSToday@TWiT.tv.
- Smash Tanks!
- Target’s New Augmented Reality Feature: See Furniture in Your Room Before Buying It
- Isle of Pigs
- IKEA Place
- GIPHY World
- Sky Guide
- ARia's Legacy
- Instagram CEO explains why the company hasn’t developed an iPad app yet
- Investor update on quarterly guidance
- Apple Outlook Cut Renews Questions About China Over-Reliance
- HQ Trivia shuts down after acquisition falls through
- The Paywalled Garden: iOS is Adware
- Kuo: Ultra-wide band chip production ramp predicts Q3 2020 launch for Apple AirTags
- Pocket City
- Encrypting Email and Attachments With OpenPGP & GnuPG - ATG