Jul 14th 2009
MacBreak Weekly 149
Bump My iPhone
Digital 45s, 1.5 billion apps, iPod Touch cameras, Eric Schmidt, Safari 4.0.2, and more.
- Apple has begun offering the "Digital 45" via the iTunes Music Store - A single and a "B" side from a particular artist at a reduced price.
- Apple announces 1.5 billion apps downloaded from App Store.
- Future iPod models are rumored to include a built-in camera.
- What does it take for the iPhone to become a true convergence device? Wil says it needs an external keyboard.
- Is Apple blocking push notifications on unlocked iPhones?
- Will Google CEO Eric Schmidt remain on the Apple board of directors in light of Google's announcement of Chrome OS?
- Apple updates Safari to version 4.0.2
- Leo Laporte elected President of the Internet!
- Steve Jobs finally receives permission to relocate historic home and build a new house on the existing property.
- The SEC is investigating Apple's disclosures regarding Steve Jobs' health issues.
Picks of the week:
- Wil Harris: Parachute Panic for iPhone - $0.99
- Justine Ezarik: GloBall for iPhone - $0.99; or Free GloBall Lite
- Scott Bourne: Lexar Professional UDMA FireWire 800 Compact Flash Card Reader - $61.24 from Amazon
Wiki show notes for this episode. Show notes by Sharp65, TWiT staff and the TWiT community.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.