Jan 3rd 2007
MacBreak Weekly 22
Here Comes Macworld Expo
Our predictions for Macworld Expo and 2007, our resolutions, and one last (we hope) rumor round-up on the iPhone...
- The not safe for anyone goof from last week. Seriously. If you got offended by Clerks II don't bother. And the call from a listener who complained about the comment.
- Stock Options and Steve Jobs. There are lots of rules.
- Dashcode officially has a beta. (my preMWE news if I'd have been on the show.)
- Zune stand holds iPods.
- iPod Traffic goes to 413% on xMas and even more a day later.
- Banners got printed... listen to the call on the KFI show.
Mac Pro Octo, iChat Mobile, iMix (aka the iTV)...
What won't get announced.
- That thing won't be available. They'll say something but that's it. Carrier agreements (might be a hang up). CDMA!?! EVDO just got upgraded so there.Zirconium? Storm Troopers! $240, $380, whatever it takes. Bluetooth. PDA. Seemless iSync, syncing, Foreman Grill, Waffle Maker, Laser Pointer and detects Hooters.
- New displays might be a red hearing. To stir up what is really going on.
- Leopard.... ships? Under NDA. You bastard.
- iLife '07.
- iWork 07 (might have a spread sheet this time).
- iPod? Larger, newer, better. Over due. We're dying here.
- Blue Origin is hiring. New Simpson's Trailer. Foxtrot is daily no more. Lot's of planes. First 12 issues of Thrasher.
- The GGB. 25 PS2 and 40 GameCube games I haven't played. Sorry... s'posed to be paying attention....
- WriteNow. Word Perfect 5.1. (jf: Do you mean Word 5.1 from Microsoft. I wrote 8 software manuals with that version.) It was nearly perfect. Word Star. Scrivenerand WriteRoom get brought up again.
- Email is a bad idea. Phones are even worse. Carrier pigeons and swallows get eaten by hawks. Smoke signaling causes global warming.
- Scott is not left handed so he's compatible with a Logitech Cordless Revolutionmouse. Comes with a kabillion buttons. All programmable.
- Alex hates the web and is using Tubular to convert YouTube video to his iPod.
- Leo is posting resized images to his web server using ImageWell.
- Merlin is firing his time machine up so he can give TaskList to his past student self.
- Cornell Note taking on wiki.43folders.com. Here's a generator.
Join us next week for our live broadcast at the 21st-Amendment brew pub. (This is a change from what we announced - we're no longer at the Apple Store.)
The Hess Memorial Macworld Party list.
Thanks to John Foster for the show notes!
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.