- Apple announces new and updated iMacs ,Mac minis , and Airport Extremes , as well as major changes to .Mac such as larger iDisks, .Mac web galleries and iPhone integration.
- Merlin likes Backup.app a lot more now due to the larger iDisks
- Merlin was given an iPhone
- Everyone wants Flickr uploads... here's a solution: Enable Flickr for e-mail uploads, they will give you an e-mail to use to upload. Add a flickr contact with that email. In the photos app on the iPhone, chose a photo and press "Email Photo" and chose your flickr contact. Add a title in your subject line and description in the body of the e-mail and off you go!
- The new keyboard has a mixed reaction within the group
- Everyone loves the new design of the new iMac
- Skimming, or real-time scrubbing, is a new feature in the all new iMovie and the updated iPhoto
- iPhoto has gotten an extreme upgrade and iMovie has been rewritten from the ground up
- The iPhoto photo editing tools have been upgraded and are a lot better.
- iWeb has been updated for custom domains and Web 2.0 widgets and HTML snippets
- Steve just skimmed over the updates for iDVD and GarageBand
Our crappiest mac apps... out of the box
- Andy: NetInfo Manager
- Leo: Chess
- Scott: DigitalColor Meter
- Leo: TextEdit
- Alex: Stickies
- Merlin: iCal
iWork '08 discussion
- Numbers is the new spreadsheet app in iWork '08. The equations are in Plain English
- Keynote ships with a special tiger version of Leopard's Core Animation for the special builds, transitions and point to point animations.
- Pages has a "just a word processor version" and the tradtional template version
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.