Aug 4th 2014
Tech News 2Night 143
China Forbids U.S. Security Software
Hosted by Sarah Lane
Xiaomi outsells Samsung in China
Although the show is no longer in production, you can enjoy previous episodes from the TWiT Archives.
Host: Sarah Lane China forbids more U.S. software, Xiaomi ships more smartphones than Samsung in China, Square to buy Caviar, Microsoft and Apple update OS developer kits, will the U.S. ban in-flight cell phone calls?, and a hacker infiltrates the communications systems on an airliner. Guest: Iain Thomson Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 14:06
- Cyber security researcher Ruben Santamarta says he has figured out how to into communications equipment on passenger jets through their WiFi and inflight entertainment systems
- Comcast Confessions series forwarded The Verge a copy of the 20-page guidelines the company uses for evaluating retention specialists.
- China's state-run newspaper People's Daily announced last night via Twitter that China's government procurement agency had updated its list of approved security and anti-virus software vendors, all five of which were Chinese companies.
- Xiaomi has replaced Samsung as the leading smartphone vendor in shipments in China in the second quarter.
- Comcast customer retention check list leaked.