May 14th 2014
Tech News 2Night 87
The NSA/Microsoft Connection
Hosted by Sarah Lane
How the NSA used Skype and Outlook in data collection, photos from inside an NSA intercept room, and Google must comply with the "right to be forgotten."
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific.
Host: Sarah Lane How the NSA used Skype and Outlook in data collection, photos from inside an NSA intercept room, Glenn Greewald's book on Edward Snowden is released, Google must comply with the "right to be forgotten," Snapchat tops Whatsapp in the U.S., Surface Pro 3 might be unveiled, reports of iPhone 6 in testing with larger screen, Microsoft makes changes to the Xbox One, George R. R. Martin uses a DOS computer to write 'Game of Thrones,' and Flappy Bird to return as a less addictive version. Guest: Bridget Carey Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tn2. Also, check out our transcript. Bandwidth for Tech News Tonight is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 11:54
- NSA Docs Detail Efforts To Collect Data From Microsoft’s Skype, SkyDrive, And Outlook.com
- Sony Pictures Buys Film Rights to Book on Snowden
- Photos of an NSA “upgrade” factory show Cisco router getting implant
- Google gets take-down requests after European court ruling: source
- Image Is Everything: Snapchat Tops WhatsApp As Biggest U.S. Messaging App By Volume
- Surface Pro 3 might join Microsoft's Surface mini unveiling next week
- iPhone 6 with larger, sharper 1704 x 960 resolution screen in testing
- Microsoft cuts Xbox price, frees Netflix from Gold
- George R.R. Martin Writes 'Game of Thrones' on a '70s Word Processor
- Flappy Bird to Return to the App Store in August, Will Be Multiplayer and 'Less Addictive'