Intel Says 2020 for Discrete GPUs in 2020!!! Optane Acceleration for secondary storage ain't a bad idea, AMD FreeSync for HDR and TVs (Samsung TVs with Variable Refresh Rates are out already!), Apple locks down the Lightning Port, and Killer Networks has a killer idea! All that and more in TWiCH, This Week in Computer Hardware, episode 470!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-computer-hardware.
Send your computer hardware questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Opinion: Intel makes it a three-way race with AMD and Nvidia on graphics chips
- Intel confirms first graphics chips will land in 2020
- Accelerating Secondary Storage with Intel Optane Memory
- Intel CPU-attached NVMe RAID Uncovered on ASUS Z370 Motherboards
- Apple to Close iPhone Security Hole That Law Enforcement Uses to Crack Devices
- Our Core i7-8086K Experiences: Problematic at Best
- Computex 2018: G.Skill Attains 13 Overclocking World Records Including DDR4 5543 MHz
- Computex 2018: PowerColor Makes the RX Vega 56 Nano Edition Official
- Computex 2018: Noctua Teases Black Coolers and Fans For The Consumer Market
- Rivet Networks Introduces Killer Wireless xTend Technology