A wave of technopanic is sweeping the world. Or is it intelligent concern over the power wielded by internet giants like Facebook and Google? Plus,Uber's flying cars, Trump's DOJ tells Time-Warner to sell CNN, Marissa Mayer apologizes to Congress, and Facebook wants your nude pictures (for security's sake).
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- ADT wins temporary injunction against Ring’s new security system
- U.S. Supreme Court Refuses to Hear Samsung's Appeal in Years-Old 'Slide to Unlock' Lawsuit With Apple
- Report: U.S. will only approve AT&T-Time Warner deal if CNN is sold
- The NY Times demonstrates the new Twitter character limit with an article written entirely in tweets
- Indeed, DOJ demands Time-Warner sell CNN for AT&T merger to go through
- Ex-Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer apologizes at Senate hearing for data breach and blames Russian agents for stealing users' data
- To prevent revenge porn of you being posted, Facebook wants you to share your nude photos with them.
- Facebook Workers, Not an Algorithm, Will Look at Volunteered Nude Photos First to Stop Revenge Porn
- How Facebook Figures Out Everyone You've Ever Met
- Gamification of personal interaction degrades human health
- The Ugly Business of Beauty Apps
- The weird (and disturbing) world of algorithmically generated YouTube Kids videos
- We must not let big tech threaten our security, freedoms and democracy
- Google Is Adding Wait Times For Restaurants Because It Follows You Everywhere
- A rogue Twitter employee shut down Donald Trump’s account - The Verge
- Las Vegas is expanding its self-driving shuttle experiment - The Verge
- Disney Ends Ban on Los Angeles Times Amid Fierce Backlash - The New York Times
- Flying cars, coming to LA in 2020? Can't wait for the first high-speed chase.
- Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who holds large stakes in Twitter, Lyft, and Apple, arrested
- Should snapchat be easier to use? Kids say no, oldsters say "what?"
- Texas church shooting: Gunman's cellphone is locked - CBS News
- Wife uses sleeping husband's thumb to unlock phone during long flight; discovers affair; has fit; plane has to be diverted.
- What happens when a company kills a cloud IoT device? Logitech kills Harmony Link.
- Greta van Susteren to launch new app called Sorry.
- Trump's campaign said it raised $280m via FB
- 7 trans people elected yesterday