Mar 23rd 2014
This Week in Tech 450
Twitter Canoe and Ed Bott Too
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Turkey and Twitter, NSA hypocrisy, Netflix neutrality, Android Wear, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Guests: Jeff JarvisHosts: Leo Laporte, Ed Bott, and Jeff Jarvis Turkey and Twitter, NSA hypocrisy, Netflix neutrality, Android Wear, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 1:49:06
- Satoshi: Why Newsweek isn’t convincing
- The colossal arrogance of Newsweek’s Bitcoin “scoop”
- Turkey cut off Twitter; graffitti schooled Turks in Google DNS; Turkey blocks Google DNS
- Turkey strengthens Twitter ban, institutes IP level block
- Twitter could ditch @ replies and hashtags
- Is Twitter thinking of ditching hashtags & RTs? Oy.
- Vint Cerf is participating in a Hangout on April 2nd.
- NSA hacking Huawei for years
- Edward Snowden: Here's how we take back the Internet
- Zuck & other tech execs meet with Obama
- US tech giants knew of NSA data collection, agency's top lawyer insists
- AT&T thinks increased bandwidth costs are Netflix subscribers' problem
- Microsoft reading your email?
- 15 mysteries about the Moto 360 smartwatch
- These Eerily Accurate Mugshots Were Created From DNA Alone