May 18th 2014
This Week in Tech 458
Choose the Guy with the Helmet
Lawsuit truce, being forgotten, robotic car dilemma, 5 year antici… , and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Net Neutrality: Your Cheat Sheet To The FCC's Proposal | ReadWrite
- Internet Providers Strike Back on Net Neutrality | Re/code
- Cable Industry's Own Numbers Show General Decline In Investment Over Past Seven Years | Techdirt
- Apple, Google To Drop Lawsuits Against Each Other | RTT News
- Apple and Google’s Moto Settle All Patent Litigation, but No Cross-Licensing | The Mac Observer
- Google Glass Materials Cost $152, IHS Says | WSJ.com
- Google starts selling Glass to anyone (in the US) with $1,500 to burn | Engadget
- YouTube to Acquire Videogame-Streaming Service Twitch for $1 Billion: Sources | Variety
- Google acquires Word Lens app recently featured in Apple’s iPhone ad “Powerful” | 9to5Mac
- Google’s Legal Blow: What ‘the Right to Be Forgotten’ Means | Digits - WSJ.com
- Should your driverless car kill you to save two other people? | Gizmondo
- Inside Volvo's self-driving car: Improving driver safety without the driver | CNET
- Adobe Creative Cloud Has Been Down for Almost 24 Hours | Mashable
- Samsung rebranding Heathrow's busiest hub to 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5' | The Verge
- IBM discovers new class of ultra-tough, self-healing, recyclable plastics that could redefine almost every industry
- First prosthetic arm wired to muscles approved by the FDA | Ars Technica
- The joke that kept Rocky Horror fans waiting for five years | The Independent
- Why the death of Microsoft's Xbox One vision means we all lose | CNET