Mar 26th 2017
This Week in Tech 607
US Senate votes to end ISP privacy regulations. The "Turkish Crime Family" demand $100,000 in iTunes gift cards for iCloud hack. Android O needs a name. Supreme Court hears printer ink patent case. Tesla Model 3 is on the way. Samsung Galaxy S8's big announcement is coming this week. US and UK ban electronics bigger than a phone on flights from Middle Eastern countries by Middle Eastern carriers. Google screws up messaging - again.
- Georgia Dow has two VR rooms in her house.
- Rob Reid knows what music aliens like best.
- Nathan Olivarez-Giles wants a car with a naturally aspirated engine.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- US Senate votes to let internet providers share your web browsing history without permission
- Senate Republicans Vote To Gut Internet Privacy - BuzzFeed News
- Five Creepy Things Your ISP Could Do if Congress Repeals the FCC’s Privacy Protections
- Apple iCloud ransom demands: The facts you need to know | ZDNet
- Hackers attempt to extort Apple with threat to remotely wipe iPhones, iPads
- Hackers: We Will Remotely Wipe iPhones Unless Apple Pays Ransom
- How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking
- iCloud may have doxxed a journalist’s Twitter attacker - The Verge
- The Banned Pokémon Episode That Gave Children Seizures
- Apple’s Next Big Thing: Augmented Reality - Bloomberg
- Everything Apple just announced: Cheaper iPad, red iPhone - CNET
- Everything we think we know about the Samsung Galaxy S8
- Bixby: A New Way to Interact with Your Phone | Samsung Mobile Press
- Supreme Court Printer Cartridge Case Could Be the Citizens United of Products
- Argument analysis: Justices skeptical of categorical “exhaustion” of patent rights
- Why American Farmers Are Hacking Their Tractors With Ukrainian Firmware
- Samsung's Unpacked 2017 app is ready to bring you the Galaxy S8
- Samsung will remotely kill all unreturned Galaxy Note 7 units this month
- O-MG, the Developer Preview of Android O is here! | Android Developers Blog
- What will Android O be called?
- Google drops SMS support from Hangouts
- Google takes Symantec to the woodshed for mis-issuing 30,000 HTTPS certs [updated] | Ars Technica
- Uber to Suspend Autonomous Tests After Arizona Accident
- Tech community "dumbfounded" by Mnuchin's dismissal of AI impact on jobs - Axios
- Devices Banned on Flights From 10 Countries Over ISIS Fears
- Laptop ban on planes came after plot to put explosives in iPad
- The holiday is over: Amazon will collect sales taxes nationwide on April 1
- Elon Musk shares video of near-final Model 3, but says he won’t drive one
- Tesla Will Take Orders for Its Solar Roof in April