May 7th 2017
This Week in Tech 613
My Husband's an iDoctor
Mark Zuckerberg drops in for dinner unannounced, talks with firemen, and feeds a calf. Is he running for President, or just trying to convince us he's not secretly a robot? Apple has more than $250 billion in cash - what should it do with all that money? Microsoft introduces Windows 10 S, the Surface Laptop, Code Builder for Minecraft: Education edition, and more tools for schools. How much technology do schools need? Amazon's new echo has a camera, and its next one will have a touchpad. Is ubiquitous voice computing going to lead to the end of privacy forever? The Google Docs phishing attack makes us question if users are to blame. Facebook and Twitter want to be your next TV.
- Amy Webb's new book is The Signals are Talking
- Nick Bilton's new book is American Kingpin
- Brianna Wu is running for Congress in Massachusetts
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- What it's like to have a surprise dinner with Mark Zuckerberg
- Apple’s Cash Hoard Set to Top $250 Billion - WSJ
- Report: Repatriation Tax Holiday a 'Failed' Policy
- Microsoft unveils Windows 10 S
- Hackers emit 9GB of stolen Macron 'emails' two days before French presidential election
- I dared two expert hackers to destroy my life. Here's what happened.
- Brianna Wu for Congress
- The Signals are Talking
- American Kingpin
- Join us at MakerFaire Bay Area on Friday 5/19