Jan 3rd 2021
This Week in Tech 804
The Bento Box Satellite
CES 2021 preview, streaming video in 2020, goodbye FarmVille
- A preview of the virtual CES 2021 event.
- LG to unveil bendable OLED and 8K QNED.
- 2020 was an amazing year for streaming services.
- Comparing the roaring 20's to the next decade.
- Brexit deal calls out some interesting tech inclusions.
- Amazon's purchase of Wondery and its podcasts.
- Are some shows better binged and others better waited for?
- Adobe Flash and FarmVille both said goodbye for good.
- Analyzing the "Facebook Menace."
- Tesla delivered on its two-year-old promise.
- Quad Father makes sense of the new FAA drone rule.
- Bitcoin reaches record heights and it's all speculative.
- Japan created wooden satellites to cut down on space junk.
- A radio signal hints at extraterrestrial life.
- Ticketmaster to pay out $10 million for hacking its competitor.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
- Amazon's acquisition of Wondery values the podcasting company, which began in 2016, at roughly $300M
- Making Sense of the Facebook Menace
- FarmVille Once Took Over Facebook. Now Everything Is FarmVille.
- Tesla delivered 499,550 of its 500,000 vehicle goal in 2020
- Brexit deal mentions Netscape browser and Mozilla Mail
- Top nine streaming services to end 2020 with combined US subscribers up 50%+ YoY; US households now subscribe to 3.1 services on
- Forget the Streaming Wars—Pandemic-Stricken 2020 Lifted Netflix and Others
- Japan developing wooden satellites to cut space junk
- The ashes of James Doohan — Scotty from Star Trek — are aboard the International Space Station
- LG will demo a 'bendable' OLED gaming monitor at CES 2021
- LG Will Unveil Its First 8K QNED Mini LED TV Line at CES in 2021
- CES 2021 to be powered by the Microsoft cloud: Teams, Azure, and more
- Adobe Flash rides off into the sunset
- Bitcoin crosses $30K to reach an all-time high, after growing almost 50% in December
- FAA to allow small drones to fly at night, over people in step toward broader deliveries
- US government adds DJI to Commerce blacklist over ties to Chinese government
- Ticketmaster pays $10m for hacking competitor