Dec 19th 2007
MacBreak Weekly 70
Happy Life Day
Its the MacBreak Weekly Year Ender!
- Merlin is back! (note, Merlin may return to e-darkness until February with the exception of Macworld)
- The iCal whine returns! Merlins trademark Mac whine returns for a cameo....
- Did I mention this is one of the longest MBW's ever, almot 2 hours! You really get what you pay for here at MacBreak Weekly (In fact, i have not been able to eat for days, writing shownotes for this show was impossible, its the first time I had to DRAFT shownotes)
- DO NOT! REPEAT NOT! Email Leo to get MBW's present to you this holiday season. If you want to get the PDF of Merlins Mannerisms, a date book with quotes from Merlin Mann, just click here
- Merlin mentions the one thing George Lucas has spend all his money trying to destroy: the Star Wars Holiday Special
- Andy actually cut a mildly entertaining movie from it in the pre-imovie days! (Andy Ihnatko: If there was a checkbox on life that said "stop sucking", I would be able to click it, my examples include Comic Sans and the Star Wars Holiday Special)
- Happy Life Day! For all wookies and Star Wars geeks everywhere!
- Shash: Thank god i was not alive when the Star Wars Holiday Special was released
- Merlin: Things were different in 1978, i would watch Darth Vader make hashbrowns
- Macworld Predictions!
- The big-iPhone, small-macbook, tablet, touch, sub-notebook, thing! The Apple Rumour Mill builds a rumour aggregator!
- Nobody has any idea what is going to happen, face it, but we do know one thing:
- It will be cool! (but we don't know how cool, it might be leopard cool, tiger-when-it-came-out cool, iPhone cool, Newton cool, 1995-called-again cool, we don't know, but it WILL be cool)
Picks, Due to the length of this episode the picks section has temporarily been renamed: things people mentioned which you will probably/and/or/may/ like.
- From Alex Lindsay ProCable iPhone Headphone Adapter at Radtech for $7.95
- From Scott Bourne iPhone Fully Loaded by Andy Ihantko for $19.99
- from Scott Bourne iPhone Pocket Guide by Chris Breen for $9.99
- From Andy Ihantko Black Ink at Red Sweater Software for $24.95
- From Alex Lindsay Caffeine at Lighthead Software for FREE
- From Leo Laporte MoodBlast at http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/download/moodswing/ for FREE from Leo Laporte
- From Scott Bourne Monster iCableLink Headphone Adapter for iPhone (link provided to apple store, also available is the Shure iPhone adapter, which also has the special headset features) for $9.95
- From Andy Ihantko ecto at infinie-sushi for $17.95
- From Chris Breen MicPort Pro at Centrance for $124.95
- Patrick Stewart's A Christmas Carol at Audible for FREE with special offer from Andy Ihantko
- MenuCalendarClock at Objectpark Software for $19.95 (orginally picked by Leo, when Leo picked it, Merlin hated it, but hey, when its Merlins pick its....Merlins pick?)
- Remote Buddy at IOspirit.com for 19.99 EUROS (Please check your local exhange rates)
- FlexTime at Red Sweater Software for $18.95
- Perpetuate the bad content! The Star Wars Holiday Special (YouTube)
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.