Oracle's bid for TikTok and Trump's response to the news. How iOS developers are responding to the launch of iOS 14. What you need to know about the Oculus Quest 2 and PlayStation 5.
First, Alex Kantrowitz joins Jason and Mikah to provide the latest updates on TikTok. Oracle (and possibly others) want to have a stake in the company, but the Trump administration plans to weigh in.
Then, PCalc developer James Thomson stops by to give us the play-by-play of Apple's decision to launch iOS 14 after its Apple Watch & iPad Air event. Devs scrambled to get their apps ready for day one in the Apple AppStore.
Then, Android Central's Russell Holly shares the what-you-need-to-know regarding Facebook's new Oculus Quest 2 and the PlayStation 5.
Lastly, Mikah talks about Matthew Cassinelli's new Shortcuts Catalog and Jason scares Mikah with news of shelf-stocking robots.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
- Rapid Reaction: TikTok Selects Oracle as its “Trusted Technology Partner”
- iOS 14
- Apple’s ‘Time Flies’ Event: The 9 Biggest Announcements
- Oculus Quest 2
- Oculus Quest 2 Announced at Facebook Connect
- PS5: News, Price, Specs, Release Date, and Everything We Know About PlayStation 5
- Announcing the Shortcuts Catalog for iOS 14, Feat. 300 Shortcuts & 300 Actions
- Seven-Foot Robots Are Stacking Shelves in Tokyo Convenience Stores