- 1:17 The World Health Organization added "Gaming Disorder" to its International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. Dr. Michael Bishop from Summerland Camps joins to talk about how it affects children.
- 16:58 There was much public outcry with Cambridge Analytica, but Karl Bode from Techdirt shows how the broadband industry has been doing far worse things for user privacy and getting away with it for decades.
- 30:46 Wearables are becoming more capable of detecting health abnormalities, and its saving lives. Caitli McGarry from Tom's Guide shares her experiences with people whose lives have been changed because of smartwatch technology.
- 42:37 Instagram has YouTube envy and is releasing a new long-form video platform aimed at teenagers. Louise Matsakis from Wired details the newly launched IGTV platform, and what sets it apart from the rest.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-weekly.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Gaming disorder
- SCREEN ADDICTION SURVEY
- Wireless Carriers Hope You Won't Notice Their Location Data Scandal Makes The Facebook, Cambridge Fracas Look Like Amateur Hour
- Verizon Lobbies FCC To Block States From Protecting Broadband Privacy, Net Neutrality
- Nearly Everyone In The U.S. And Canada Just Had Their Private Cell Phone Location Data Exposed
- If You're Pissed About Facebook's Privacy Abuses, You Should Be Four Times As Angry At The Broadband Industry
- Think Smartwatches Are Dumb? They Saved These Peoples' Lives
- WITH IGTV, INSTAGRAM TAKES AIM AT YOUTUBE
- Pimax 8K headset will use Vaqso VR to emulate smells