Oct 27th 2013
This Week in Tech 429
Grasp the Nettle Firmly
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Retro tech, CryptoLocker, streaming scarcity, a series of patterns, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Leo Laporte, Brian Brushwood, John C. Dvorak, and Baratunde Thurston Retro tech, CryptoLocker, streaming scarcity, a series of patterns, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:18:15
- Everything You Need to Know About Today’s Apple Event
- Apple is either terrible at designing charts or thinks you won’t notice the difference
- Apple has sold 170M iPads to date, implying sales near 15M in Sept. quarter
- Is Google building a hulking floating data center in SF Bay?
- Thoughts and Observations Regarding This Week’s Apple Event Introducing the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini
- You’re infected—if you want to see your data again, pay us $300 in Bitcoins
- How The Walt Disney Company (DIS) Just Ruined Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Amazon.com, Inc (AMZN)’s Week
- FBI Says It's Seized $28.5 Million In Bitcoins From Ross Ulbricht, Alleged Owner Of Silk Road
- Stop patent trolls. Support the Innovation Act of 2013.
- Nintendo ceases production of the Wii