May 11th 2014
This Week in Tech 457
Hopped Up on Goofballs
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Paying for bits, Apple and Beats, API copyright, review libel, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Guests: John C. DvorakHosts: Leo Laporte, John C. Dvorak, Dan Gillmor, and Mathew Ingram Paying for bits, Apple and Beats, API copyright, review libel, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 1:56:34
- Observations of an Internet Middleman
- Huge coalition led by Amazon, Microsoft, and others take a stand against FCC on net neutrality
- Apple buying Beats could radically transform the digital music business
- Code/red: Apple and Beats — Nothin’ but a T Thang
- Apple Biometric EarPods Were a 'Secret' Hoax
- Chilling Effect: Oracle Wins Appeal to Copyright APIs
- Appeals Court Doesn't Understand The Difference Between Software And An API; Declares APIs Copyrightable
- Google Glass' first public sales display is a booth at a prestigious Florida golf tournament
- Google appears to be testing a stunning Gmail overhaul that puts the focus solely on email
- Amazon Launches #AmazonCart to Shop Using Twitter
- Snapchat Admits Its Photos Don't 'Disappear Forever'
- 5 Ways Snapchat Violated Your Privacy, Security
- Target removes CEO in wake of cyber attack
- The Wayback Machine passes 400 billion indexed webpages, covering the Web from late 1996 to a few hours ago
- This Parking Lot Is Paved With Solar Panels