Jan 15th 2017
This Week in Tech 597
Is Apple working in secret with Carl Zeiss on AR glasses? Will Mark Zuckerberg run for President? Consumer Reports changes its mind about the MacBook Pro. Fark.com gets farked over by Google. Telegram, Cellebrite, and Giuliani get hacked, but WhatsApp does not. Family Tree Now knows a scary amount about you.
- Leo has a perfect plan for the next Mac Pro
- Mike Elgan knows who should be making your AR glasses
- Greg Ferro has some pointed advice for anyone who uses Google for ads
- Becky Worley gets sweet revenge on her life-long nemesis
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Mike Elgan's column about Zeiss smartglass tech
- Robert Scoble - Exclusive news: Apple and Zeiss working together...
- DeepMind secretly unleashed its Go-playing AI online, and it beat some of the world's best players 50-0
- Consumer Reports Now Recommends MacBook Pros
- Remove Your Name From This Creepy ‘Family History’ Site—If You Can
- WILL MARK ZUCKERBERG BE OUR NEXT PRESIDENT?
- Trump leak raises new questions about Telegram security
- WhatsApp backdoor allows snooping on encrypted messages
- Open Whisper Systems >> Blog >> There is no WhatsApp 'backdoor'
- Baratunde Thurston explains why encryption matters / Boing Boing
- Motherboard has obtained 900 GB of data related to Cellebrite
- If a Best Buy technician is a paid FBI informant, are his computer searches legal?
- Fark NotNewsletter: Google farked us over
- Report: Apple will go up against Netflix, HBO, others with scripted TV shows
- Marissa Mayer is resigning from Yahoo's board