Xbox Fall Creators Update test builds start rolling out. Alpha Ring testers get a glimpse of what's coming. Interestingly, this build is 1710, which means it's target arrival date is October. Related: Microsoft revamps its stupid Xbox Insider Program rings. They're still stupid. In other Fall Creators Update news, new Windows Server 2016 Insider build adds support for WSL and Linux distributions. Latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update build (from late last Wed.) adds eye tracking, new console colors, WDAG updates. New Outlook.com beta program kicks off. All Outlook.com users over the coming weeks will get option to try the beta. A look at some of the first potential features testers will see - plus a hands-on. If you really can't wait, you can get the beta now (but read the fine print.) Related: Microsoft's unified sign-in experience is live. Some hints about what's next for Skype for Business. Ignite session list reveals a few clues about what Microsoft may be planning for S4B. What else are we expecting at Ignite?
- App pick of the week: Spotify for Xbox One
- Enterprise pick of the week: If you're an Office 365 administrator, this site might be very interesting to you.
- Tweet of the week: Want to find a lot of cool women working at Microsoft to follow on Twitter? Check out this starter thread from SharePoint community blogger Tashas(E)v: https://twitter.com/TashasEv/status/894212192601374722
- Beer pick of the week: Dogfish Head SeaQuench
- Jamon of the week: Iberico - plus, try the Botifarra sausage, my god!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- Here Comes the Xbox One Fall Creators Update
- The Fall Creators Update for Xbox One is version 1710; here's what's new in tonight's build
- Xbox Insider Program Gets a Bit More Open, a Lot More Complex
- Dona Tweet
- Microsoft's second Windows Server 2016 test build runs Linux distributions
- Microsoft continues to fine tune with latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update test build
- Microsoft Releases ISOs for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16251
- Microsoft launches new Outlook.com beta; starts testing new features
- Microsoft Announces a Public Outlook.com Beta
- Hands-On with the Outlook.com Beta
- How to get Microsoft’s Outlook.com beta right now
- Microsoft Offers One Sign-In Experience to Rule Them All
- What's next for Microsoft's Skype for Business unified communications products
- Tip: Change Your Microsoft Account’s Primary Alias
- Yes, Spotify is Coming to Xbox One (Updated)
- If you're an Office 365 administrator, this blog might be very interesting to you
- SeaQuench Ale | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery