- What is the Windows Experience Feature Pack?
- If you get Windows 10 2004, you automatically get this thing. But MS officials won't talk about it... (insert shrug emoji here)
- Microsoft fixed a blocker issue for the May 2020 Update that brings Windows 10 version 2004 to Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3.
- Related: Another Windows 10 Fast Ring build is out today. It has nested virtualization for AMD processors. And a few fixes. That's it.
- We heard from Keivan Beigi, Mr. AppGet
- Amazon sues Google over our old buddy Brian Hall
- FU2, Microsoft! Slack and Amazon partnership is interesting
- Apple set to announce macOS on ARM - It will succeed where Microsoft and Qualcomm have failed repeatedly. Also, Apple should buy DuckDuckGo, not Microsoft.
- Using Brave requires trust. And they just blew it.
- Déjà vu: Now 50 U.S. states want to break up Google. This is a great idea.
- Hardware is hard. Google sold only 7.2 million handsets in 2019, and most of them were low-end devices. Remember when Microsoft used to sell many more than that?
- Huawei is at war because of U.S. actions against it. One strategy: Hoarding.
- Microsoft launches Digital Direct
- And whatever happened to that disc-to-digital thing?
- Sony's PS5 games event is rescheduled to this Thursday
- New Game Pass games for June
- Plus: There's a big Xbox sale right now
- Tip of the week: Consider powerline networking. Everyone knows about Wi-Fi and Ethernet, but powerline networking provides an interesting middle ground between the two and can work well in some circumstances.
- App pick of the week: Sumatra PDF. It ain't pretty, but Sumatra PDF is the lightweight and full-featured PDF reader we need. Plus, it works with EPUB as well.
- Enterprise pick of the week: WVD users: MSIX App Attach is ready for testing. Windows Virtual Desktop users can now test MSIX App Attach. If this ends up working as advertised, it should make using WVD even better.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/windows-weekly
Check out Paul's blog at thurrott.com
Check out Mary Jo's blog at AllAboutMicrosoft.com
The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Carl Franklin.
- What is the Windows 10 Windows Feature Experience Pack?
- Microsoft fixes issue blocking some Surface devices from the May 2020 feature update
- Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19645
- Amazon Sues Google Over New Hire
- Amazon, Slack Deepen AWS Partnership
- The Opportunity for Apple (Premium)
- Brave Caught Revising URLs with Affiliate Links
- U.S. States Would Like to Break Up Google
- Google Sold Just 7.2 Million Pixel Handsets in 2019
- Report: Huawei is Now “in a State of War”
- Huawei’s Plan for the U.S. Blacklisting? Hoarding
- Xbox Codename Roma Arrives as Digital Direct
- Sony Reschedules PS5 Game Showcase Event
- Here are the Next Titles Coming to Xbox Game Pass
- Microsoft Launches a Big Xbox Sale
- Paul’s Tech Makeover: Powerline Networking (Premium)
- Sumatra PDF
- Windows 10 Enterprise May 2020 update includes promised support for MSIX App Attach
- Microsoft delivers first Windows 10 Fast Ring build from its new development branch
- Yellow Cake